Chuyển đến nội dung chính

Could had been fun but unfortunately just wasn't.

Could had been fun but unfortunately just wasn't.


Man, I just don't know why I keep falling for such movies. Their concepts sounds greatly entertaining and silly enough to expect a good and fun movie from but rarely do this kind of movies ever work out as such.

It's not hard to say what is the foremost problem with this movie. Thing is that this movie of course has a totally ridicules and far from convincing main premise but yet the movie decides on taking a serious approach with it all. When you have such a low budget and so minimal resources there simply is no way that you can make this movie work out as a serious one. Had they decided on a more entertaining and over-the-top approach the movie would at least had been fun to watch. It now is mostly a boring one that is awfully bad looking.

The movie is a mixture of WW II and horror in which all different kinds of monsters show up. Sounds exciting perhaps but it just really isn't. The movie gets never tense because it's all done quite poorly. It's good and fun and all that the film-makers actually had the resources and the money at hand to make the movie their way but it's clear that they just aren't the most talented people around and the fact that the movie is so cheap looking works really distracting from the movie and prevents the story to ever work out. You just never get into this movie or any of its events are characters, that all remain amazingly flat. I really can't tell who's who in this movie.

The story is also pretty messy. Things seem to happen pretty randomly and often the story is all over the place. The story makes often sudden jumps as if whole sections of the movie are missing from it. It prevents also the story from really ever flowing well and what it is lacking as well is a main plot line.


Because of the way how cheap the movie is looking, it also often becomes a laughable one, for all of the wrong reasons. I don't even think the movie intentionally tried to be bad, since as earlier mentioned, the film-makers fully seemed to go along with a full serious style of film-making. The special effects are ridicules and look like something everybody can make on their home computer. The costumes of the soldiers don't even seem to be authentic looking and lets not even get started on the creature effects.

Horror fans also won't really enjoy this, not even the ones that enjoy watching bad B-movies. There simply is no excitement, scares, surprises, creative originality or any gore.

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

I love Monster, Zombie & War movies

I love Monster, Zombie & War movies ...I wish this movie could have decided what it wanted to be. Were the real "Horrors of War" your fellow soldiers attitudes? How they treat civilians? The decisions you must make to redeem yourself and save others? Mad Scientists? Nazi Mutant Zombies?  French Werewolfs? Well, I was really hoping for more of the latter 3, (and more gore) but this could have worked as regular a war movie with any Nazi super weapon, the monster element seemed tacked on (especially there whole werewolf part, it seemed very much a pointless sidebar). I'd have rather seen more of a real Monster threat in a war setting.  The monsters came one at a time, and slowly. there wasn't much of a perceived 'Monster threat' leading to a big showdown, the big showdown was...well, awkward. Out of nowhere the Mutant Mad Doc and Werewolf start fighting, and the werewolf dies like a vampire...then after the "sacrificial choice", between a fam...

Worst WW2 movie ever

Worst WW2 movie ever Oh well, here I was, seeing the high rating and reading about Nazis and werewolfs. Well, there are probably some Nazis in it. I guess. From the bad acting, they could have been drunks in German WW2 clothings. About that WW2 factor: That were some of the most awful WW2 combat scenes I've ever seen. The special effects sucked big time, the sound effects were so damn wrong, and the CGI muzzle flashes and blood gave me the rest. Oh, but wait, there are monsters too. Monsters that looked as horrible as in Uwe Bolls infamous House of the Dead. Was I scared? Yes, that this horrible bad movie will never end. From the crappy intro to the long awaited end credits, this movie is an awful war movie and an even more awful horror movie. Do yourself a favor and run if you see that movie. If you like the WW2 themed horror movies, there are better titles of that genre available. Most of them aren't good, but at least they are better than this crap. This movi...

Good plot twists, easily addictive

I recently began binge-watching Scream the series on Netflix a couple of days ago and became hooked straight away. I had seen the original Scream movie from 1996 and found the story-line to be clever and was intrigued to see how they could revamp the 90s cult film into a 2015 series and what the similarities between the characters would be with a modern twist. https://365movies.is/ I am currently on the final 2 episodes of the second series and can say that the show has not disappointed yet. The first series was easy to follow and the characters were well cast with good back stories and played out in a sense that everyone could be a possible suspect. Just when I began to feel any empathy or adhere to a character, they would be murdered or attacked and thus, throwing the viewer off track as to 'who done it'. Although there appeared to be many cringe-worthy moments, I personally enjoyed all the pop culture references as it made the show feel more relatable growing up i...