Chuyển đến nội dung chính

I love Monster, Zombie & War movies

I love Monster, Zombie & War movies...I wish this movie could have decided what it wanted to be. Were the real "Horrors of War" your fellow soldiers attitudes? How they treat civilians? The decisions you must make to redeem yourself and save others? Mad Scientists? Nazi Mutant Zombies? 




French Werewolfs? Well, I was really hoping for more of the latter 3, (and more gore) but this could have worked as regular a war movie with any Nazi super weapon, the monster element seemed tacked on (especially there whole werewolf part, it seemed very much a pointless sidebar). I'd have rather seen more of a real Monster threat in a war setting. 


The monsters came one at a time, and slowly. there wasn't much of a perceived 'Monster threat' leading to a big showdown, the big showdown was...well, awkward. Out of nowhere the Mutant Mad Doc and Werewolf start fighting, and the werewolf dies like a vampire...then after the "sacrificial choice", between a family man and another man, the man shown missing his family, sacrifices himself, mutates, and walks up, kills the doc in one punch...no real threat, then mutates back. We go from French werewolf's, to giant Super Nazi zombies to the climactic old man zombie in a lab coat?...in his secret lab guarded by a handful of Nazis and just one zombie. 

Where are the multiple monsters? all it takes is a shot of magic potion, there should have been a zombie training ground, ARMIES of Zombies...or an Uber-Monster, a Zombie Mutant Werewolf, all the components were there! I was expecting some twist, the evil Doctor maybe being a Vampire creating undead and supernatural beasts to rule the world through Hitler, the power coming from something extraordinary, or at least explained, mutant monster hybrids, civilians being poisoned to turned into a village of the dead army....Instead we get an old dude in a lab coat in a bombed out building, crying one second then somehow going Incredible Hulk the next....then taking one punch from a mutating soldier who just shot up...after a brief pointless few minute werewolf fight.


We didn't get to care about the werewolf guy (he seemed very much an after thought, the entire wolf story had no point, that whole part could be excised and wouldn't really have been missed), the scientist, the main guy (who's name escapes me) It played like a video game (complete with scene break briefings) with a dull climax. Entertaining but to many things could have been better. Makes me wish I would have pursued writing, I could have beefed it up. 

I type like crap but I have great ideas! LOL! The one thing that really cheesed me off, was the extremely lame climax...dispute over who would sacrifice themselves by taking this syringe laying on the table..."A normal man can't beat that thing!" (even though they have already defeated 4 other larger ones with bullets to the head and they have a werewolf with them/ scene wipe/ there he is apparently he started fighting...oops he died like a vampire...all the while these guys were in another room, they didn't know the werewolf was dead, they didn't need to make that sacrifice yet. they should have taken the juice for 'intel' then been forced to take it to save themselves after wolfy died, and Mad Doc was after them. as a last resort.

 instead he shoots up, run ups and BAM kills the baddie in a second, then the 2 other soldiers spend 5 minutes deciding who would kill the Incredible Russo...then here comes the hero...BAM, OK, it had to be done...where was he in the mean time? Did he go take a dump while Russo-Hulk ran up to save the day and then writhe in agony? I was kind of reminded of a college paper that has to be 10 pages and you get 9 1/ 2 pages and say OK, this needs to end really quick, after 9 pages of filler... 

http://moviesbox.live/

The acting was good, I mean if an actor can make me think he's an a**-hole, that means to me he did his job. The potentially interesting characters needed fleshed out more, the only one really fleshed out were Russo, and the guy that had "fun" with the French women. We found out what motivated them, Russo had a family, and was losing his 'family'. The other guy was just a bad person, as told from his back story, (who shortly after gets his just due...I wish it had been gory though, and clearer as to why/how the girls brother became the wolf, I thought for sure the Nazis were creating them, but no, just one mutant can be created at a time)

Maybe the sequel...(there is potential... I have some good ideas, even integrating the additional post credit footage, which was great....if there was more of that in the actual movie!)

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Worst WW2 movie ever

Worst WW2 movie ever Oh well, here I was, seeing the high rating and reading about Nazis and werewolfs. Well, there are probably some Nazis in it. I guess. From the bad acting, they could have been drunks in German WW2 clothings. About that WW2 factor: That were some of the most awful WW2 combat scenes I've ever seen. The special effects sucked big time, the sound effects were so damn wrong, and the CGI muzzle flashes and blood gave me the rest. Oh, but wait, there are monsters too. Monsters that looked as horrible as in Uwe Bolls infamous House of the Dead. Was I scared? Yes, that this horrible bad movie will never end. From the crappy intro to the long awaited end credits, this movie is an awful war movie and an even more awful horror movie. Do yourself a favor and run if you see that movie. If you like the WW2 themed horror movies, there are better titles of that genre available. Most of them aren't good, but at least they are better than this crap. This movi...

Good plot twists, easily addictive

I recently began binge-watching Scream the series on Netflix a couple of days ago and became hooked straight away. I had seen the original Scream movie from 1996 and found the story-line to be clever and was intrigued to see how they could revamp the 90s cult film into a 2015 series and what the similarities between the characters would be with a modern twist. https://365movies.is/ I am currently on the final 2 episodes of the second series and can say that the show has not disappointed yet. The first series was easy to follow and the characters were well cast with good back stories and played out in a sense that everyone could be a possible suspect. Just when I began to feel any empathy or adhere to a character, they would be murdered or attacked and thus, throwing the viewer off track as to 'who done it'. Although there appeared to be many cringe-worthy moments, I personally enjoyed all the pop culture references as it made the show feel more relatable growing up i...