Chuyển đến nội dung chính

If it only were half as good as the movie poster

If it only were half as good as the movie poster

Horrors of war Movies isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it's so bad in an entirely different way.

It begins in Germany during the end of a war when US soldiers run into a Nazi zombie soldier. Then we are taken a couple of months back when soldiers run into a soldier who was taken captive by the Nazis. He tells if a creature that killed all the Nazis and of a man who seemed to be in charge.



Lt. Schmidt is sent to investigate to France and his platoon runs into this creature that turns out to be a werewolf for some reason. He returns with a report that no one believes. Then he sent to investigate something else and this time they run into a Nazi super soldier zombie. He returns with his report and this time is sent to investigate the man who may be responsible for all unexplained events- the man the soldier saw earlier.

The Lt. is joined with Capt. Russo and they don't get along. They find a factory were they run into more zombies and find the researcher responsible. In the process, a US soldier who was bit by the werewolf turns into a werewolf and fights the zombie movies . Then for some reason, the Americans decide there is no way to kill the zombie unless one of them takes the zombie research serum! This is a low budget movie were the production team put in an awful lot of effort, they managed to get ahold of tanks, jeeps, and tents of the era. The acting is quite good by the leads.

Voice-acting is excellent. Action-acting so to speak isn't. Almost everyone looks terribly goofy pretending to be soldiers and shooting a rifle. Remarkably, all the characters are great shots with their little rifles and wipe out squadron after squadron of Nazis with machine guns, artillery, and tanks.

The real problem is the story. In the behind the scenes featurette we learn that this was supposed to be an anthology of three 30 minutes stories. And it would have worked better that way. For some reason a producer made the completely erroneous decision to force the team to come up with one story out of those three. And that's why so little works here.

He must have thought Nazis, werewolves, zombies, sounds good! but it doesn't, it's not a video game. A few days before shooting began, the writers were put in this bind and they just couldn't make it work. All the blame falls on the one producer. I can appreciate the effort and the acting but the story just doesn't add up.

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

I love Monster, Zombie & War movies

I love Monster, Zombie & War movies ...I wish this movie could have decided what it wanted to be. Were the real "Horrors of War" your fellow soldiers attitudes? How they treat civilians? The decisions you must make to redeem yourself and save others? Mad Scientists? Nazi Mutant Zombies?  French Werewolfs? Well, I was really hoping for more of the latter 3, (and more gore) but this could have worked as regular a war movie with any Nazi super weapon, the monster element seemed tacked on (especially there whole werewolf part, it seemed very much a pointless sidebar). I'd have rather seen more of a real Monster threat in a war setting.  The monsters came one at a time, and slowly. there wasn't much of a perceived 'Monster threat' leading to a big showdown, the big showdown was...well, awkward. Out of nowhere the Mutant Mad Doc and Werewolf start fighting, and the werewolf dies like a vampire...then after the "sacrificial choice", between a fam...

Worst WW2 movie ever

Worst WW2 movie ever Oh well, here I was, seeing the high rating and reading about Nazis and werewolfs. Well, there are probably some Nazis in it. I guess. From the bad acting, they could have been drunks in German WW2 clothings. About that WW2 factor: That were some of the most awful WW2 combat scenes I've ever seen. The special effects sucked big time, the sound effects were so damn wrong, and the CGI muzzle flashes and blood gave me the rest. Oh, but wait, there are monsters too. Monsters that looked as horrible as in Uwe Bolls infamous House of the Dead. Was I scared? Yes, that this horrible bad movie will never end. From the crappy intro to the long awaited end credits, this movie is an awful war movie and an even more awful horror movie. Do yourself a favor and run if you see that movie. If you like the WW2 themed horror movies, there are better titles of that genre available. Most of them aren't good, but at least they are better than this crap. This movi...

Good plot twists, easily addictive

I recently began binge-watching Scream the series on Netflix a couple of days ago and became hooked straight away. I had seen the original Scream movie from 1996 and found the story-line to be clever and was intrigued to see how they could revamp the 90s cult film into a 2015 series and what the similarities between the characters would be with a modern twist. https://365movies.is/ I am currently on the final 2 episodes of the second series and can say that the show has not disappointed yet. The first series was easy to follow and the characters were well cast with good back stories and played out in a sense that everyone could be a possible suspect. Just when I began to feel any empathy or adhere to a character, they would be murdered or attacked and thus, throwing the viewer off track as to 'who done it'. Although there appeared to be many cringe-worthy moments, I personally enjoyed all the pop culture references as it made the show feel more relatable growing up i...