Chuyển đến nội dung chính

The Night of the Hunter



The Night of the Hunter is a 1955 American thriller directed by Charles Laughton, and starring Robert Mitchum, Shelley Winters, and Lillian Gish. The screenplay by James Agee was based on the 1953 novel of the same name by Davis Grubb. The plot focuses on a corrupt minister-turned-serial killer who attempts to charm an unsuspecting widow and steal $10,000 hidden by her executed husband.

https://365movies.is/movies/happy-death-day-03222.html

The novel and film draw on the true story of Harry Powers who was hanged in 1932 for the murder of two widows and three children in Clarksburg, West Virginia. The film's lyrical and expressionistic style with its leaning on the silent era sets it apart from other Hollywood films of the 1940s and 1950s, and it has influenced later directors such as David Lynch, Martin Scorsese, Rainer Werner Fassbinder, Terrence Malick, Jim Jarmusch, Spike Lee, and the Coen brothers.[citation needed]

https://365movies.is/movies/the-devils-candy-04032.html

In 1992, The Night of the Hunter was deemed "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant" by the United States Library of Congress and was selected for preservation in the National Film Registry. The influential film magazine Cahiers du cinéma selected The Night of the Hunter in 2008 as the second-best film of all time, behind Citizen Kane.

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

I love Monster, Zombie & War movies

I love Monster, Zombie & War movies ...I wish this movie could have decided what it wanted to be. Were the real "Horrors of War" your fellow soldiers attitudes? How they treat civilians? The decisions you must make to redeem yourself and save others? Mad Scientists? Nazi Mutant Zombies?  French Werewolfs? Well, I was really hoping for more of the latter 3, (and more gore) but this could have worked as regular a war movie with any Nazi super weapon, the monster element seemed tacked on (especially there whole werewolf part, it seemed very much a pointless sidebar). I'd have rather seen more of a real Monster threat in a war setting.  The monsters came one at a time, and slowly. there wasn't much of a perceived 'Monster threat' leading to a big showdown, the big showdown was...well, awkward. Out of nowhere the Mutant Mad Doc and Werewolf start fighting, and the werewolf dies like a vampire...then after the "sacrificial choice", between a fam...

Worst WW2 movie ever

Worst WW2 movie ever Oh well, here I was, seeing the high rating and reading about Nazis and werewolfs. Well, there are probably some Nazis in it. I guess. From the bad acting, they could have been drunks in German WW2 clothings. About that WW2 factor: That were some of the most awful WW2 combat scenes I've ever seen. The special effects sucked big time, the sound effects were so damn wrong, and the CGI muzzle flashes and blood gave me the rest. Oh, but wait, there are monsters too. Monsters that looked as horrible as in Uwe Bolls infamous House of the Dead. Was I scared? Yes, that this horrible bad movie will never end. From the crappy intro to the long awaited end credits, this movie is an awful war movie and an even more awful horror movie. Do yourself a favor and run if you see that movie. If you like the WW2 themed horror movies, there are better titles of that genre available. Most of them aren't good, but at least they are better than this crap. This movi...

Good plot twists, easily addictive

I recently began binge-watching Scream the series on Netflix a couple of days ago and became hooked straight away. I had seen the original Scream movie from 1996 and found the story-line to be clever and was intrigued to see how they could revamp the 90s cult film into a 2015 series and what the similarities between the characters would be with a modern twist. https://365movies.is/ I am currently on the final 2 episodes of the second series and can say that the show has not disappointed yet. The first series was easy to follow and the characters were well cast with good back stories and played out in a sense that everyone could be a possible suspect. Just when I began to feel any empathy or adhere to a character, they would be murdered or attacked and thus, throwing the viewer off track as to 'who done it'. Although there appeared to be many cringe-worthy moments, I personally enjoyed all the pop culture references as it made the show feel more relatable growing up i...